Speed Stir is worth the money!!!

Jun 19, 2014
Washington, Il
So I got my K-2006 kit back in June when I discovered this place after dealing with algae. I was too cheap to buy the speedstir at the time, so a few weeks ago I decided to buy it. I am in love!!!! This little guy is so worth the money. My husband doesn't complain anymore that he now spends more time "dealing" with the pool. He was out of town and left me to deal with the algae when I found this site. By the time he got home "my" pool was sparkling and has been ever since. Before finding this site we used pucks and bags of shock. He loved the idea of only having to dip the strips in and doing his maintanence once a week. But we always fought algae at least twice a season. Now he says it's too much work. Really 5 mins a day!! I got the speedstir and he says this makes me happy and no longer complains about our daily morning routine. I can now tell by looking at my water if things aren't right on. I love the sparkle!!!! Now if it would just warm up enough to enjoy the water!

It is very hard to convince new members to shell out the money for a test kit ... let alone adding the SpeedStir as well ... even though WE know how awesome they are.

It is posts like this that may help get through to people on the fence. Thanks for posting :goodjob: and enjoy the rest of your summer :swim:

I too bought the test kit first and didn't worry about the speed stir. After a few times of running the tests I thought that the speed stir would be a welcome addition to my testing process. I also read on this forum that the speed stir would better insure your accuracy which was also a + in my book. It definitely reduces the testing time and makes things easier all the way around, I love my speed stir!:p

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Attachments

• Test kit Taylor Sample Sizer 6190.jpg
    Test kit Taylor Sample Sizer 6190.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 422
Actually, I had a speedstir from one of my wine making test kits.

Both the pool and the wine require a very precise testing system and both use the tritation method. Of course, the wine gets tested every 6 months or so and the pool gets tested weekly.

I love my speedstir as well. I didn't buy one when I bought my test kit at the end of last summer but I added one to an order I made this year when ordering a test kit for my brother... I don't mind testing my water like I am supposed to now...

FYI, all the powder doesn't have to be dissolved. :)

Thanks! I thought I had read that somewhere but it always bothers me that there are these tiny little crystals at the bottom sometimes. I figured it was some kind of buffering agent added to the powder or some other chemical to stabilize the water sample as the pink reagent color sets in right away.

The pitching scouts for the AZ Diamondbacks will be happy to know that I'm saving my shoulder now ;) ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.