Hi everyone, I need a bit of help here ....
I have 3 kids. 12, 3 and 2
The 12 year old has no problem with 68-70 degree water. The 2 and 3 year olds will not go in at all. just cry a river.....
I put together a 450 L/F DIY garden hose solar panel heater. (or tried to)
I read various forums/information before constructing. But I have obviously screwed up somewhere?
Here is my set up; (see attached photos)
15' 8" in Diameter
3' 10" in depth
To my knowledge it's about 5000 gallons / 20,000 ltr
Krystal clear Model 637R
110 - 120V, 60 HZ, 1.1 amp
To my knowledge the pumping capacity is 1000 GPH
Here is what I did; (The genius that I am ?)
1) I installed a "T" from the output from the pump/filter,
2) One "T" is 1 1/4" diverted and adapted to the garden hose, connected to a ball valve so as I can turn it off when vacuuming or just circulating.
3) The other "T" is a 1 1/4" by-pass (continuing to pool outlet) with another ball valve so as I can restrict the flow through the by-pass (to try to send more water through the hose)
4) Moving along, I have installed another "T" adapted to allow the returning garden hose (Heated water) to mix with the by-pass water when entering the pool
5) The connected garden hoses are about 400 ft split into 2 x 4'x4'ft panels painted flat black, covered with clear poly to add some thermal heating. 50' to and fro pump/filter)
I wanted to check the water temperature when the system was (apparently) in operation, by disconnecting the garden hose return (step 4 above), and found that there was no water coming out at all?
I tried several ball valve adjustments, but I got nothing?
I currently have the 2 panels connected together (I think the term is "in series") I may want to consider "In parallel" at some point (2 separate independent panels, or a manifold of some kind)? Although I don't think that is causing my real problem here
Please any suggestions would be greatly appreciated