pump problems.

waterbugs57

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 17, 2012
SW Pennsylvania
Hello all. New pool concern. My original pump tripped a breaker last year, about a week before it was a year old. It didn't sound the same when we restarted it. I called Hayward and they first referred me to a local repair/service rep where I got no help(that is a whole other story) When I called Hayward back in late February anticipating the season with a iffy pump...They sent me a new one. I think that was great customer service. The pump they sent is less horsepower but any way, The other day I went to hook up the vacuum and when I turned the pump back on with the vacuum, It was like it wouldn't prime. It would surge and loose pressure. my husband came home and went over everything and got it to work but he isn;t sure how. Now it is doing the same thing. It draws water and I can see it coming from the return, just very low pressure. Hi Speed, low speed, it registers the same pressure on the guage and then goes thru a few surges and pressure starts to climb and and then falls off. So He takes off the pump tonight and put the first one on and it is doing the same thing....I am thinking that either I have 2 bad pumps or what?.... please any help...My sons wedding is Saturday and we will be busy but I don't want to let the pool go without circulation until Sunday. Any suggestions?

After the kids have been splashing about and making huge waves on a large tube we have in the pool, my south skimmer weir frequently gets stuck in the vertical position. When this happens and the water level is low in the skimmer, the skimmer only gets a trickle of water. The pump will get prime, lose prime, get prime, lose prime, etc... until I realize what's happened. I'm going to remove the weir soon and shave the sides as they seem to be what's causing the stick.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.