Originally we had a big algae bloom and the pool store had us put in 6 gallons of their liquid shock into the pool. It did get rid of the visible algae but every morning we have what I think is dead algae. We have a high CYA of approx 110? (can't measure it over 100 with my new kit) Due to a drought, I can't drain my water until we get a good rain to fill my catchment system.
Since then we have switched to the BBB method. Needless to say, I'm adding a bottle of chlorine almost daily due to the CYA? I've been trying to keep it at 7-8 range. My question is…did I really get rid of the algae or just knock it back? Should I still be seeing algae at the bottom of the pool everyday? If not, should I slam it again? I have no idea how much bleach I would need to get it up to a FC level of 39!