Build in Progress - Houston area

I love the look and love the trees! Any concern on the roots causing issues with the pool? I have to imagine they're going to eventually want to seek that water in the pool.

I am assured that the big palm's roots grow downward, not outward. They are also not too water hungry, relatively speaking. For the smaller ones, those are queen palms which do have roots that extend outward but they are described as "non-invasive." I made sure there was no plumbing anywhere near any of these trees just to be on the safe side.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir, the P4 is what I have! If you have not already, grab a couple of searing burners from HD. Cheap and they fit perfectly into the existing Cal-Flame burner trough and a must for cooking steaks in mass-quantity!

Cool. Have you been happy with the P4? For the searing burners, do you mean get Cal Flame brand from HD or a generic brand? Also: I wasn't sure if the searing burners are electric or gas powered?

I used to be a plumber when I was younger and have seen roots do some curious things, but I just did some reading, queens are generally recommended for pool areas so you are correct. And I might add they compliment your pool well, great choice!

Cool. Have you been happy with the P4? For the searing burners, do you mean get Cal Flame brand from HD or a generic brand? Also: I wasn't sure if the searing burners are electric or gas powered?
Yes, very happy with it. Stout and easy to clean; heavily used over 3 years and the only replacement parts are the deflectors, we spend most all our time outside and use it for most all baking and warming. The searing burner I ordered from Home Depot-online is gas; it's a Cal Flame http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cal-Flame-15-000-BTU-Replacement-Sear-Zone-Grill-Burner-BBQ07890P-H/203334806. I recall paying no more than $40-looks like it went up or was mis-marked when I bought mine. Even $80 would be worth the option.
I just checked and I paid $63:confused:

Yes, very happy with it. Stout and easy to clean; heavily used over 3 years and the only replacement parts are the deflectors, we spend most all our time outside and use it for most all baking and warming. The searing burner I ordered from Home Depot-online is gas; it's a Cal Flame http://www.homedepot.com/p/Cal-Flame-15-000-BTU-Replacement-Sear-Zone-Grill-Burner-BBQ07890P-H/203334806. I recall paying no more than $40-looks like it went up or was mis-marked when I bought mine. Even $80 would be worth the option.
I just checked and I paid $63:confused:

Cool. I'm glad its a good grill. I did some research on built in grills, but not as much as I probably should have. They had a pretty decent price on a package deal with the Cal Flame G5 grill at DIYBBQ, but it is 430 stainless and I wanted 304 so I managed to upgrade to the P5 and swap some stuff out of the package deal that kept the price the same and got me what I was looking for. I just hope these mosquitos don't carry it away!!

- - - Updated - - -

I used to be a plumber when I was younger and have seen roots do some curious things, but I just did some reading, queens are generally recommended for pool areas so you are correct. And I might add they compliment your pool well, great choice!

I was super worried about roots and the plumbing to the point that I asked the PB to move the pipes about 4-5 feet away from where they originally put them so I could ensure I'd have no issues. I realize anything can happen though! I'm glad you like the look of the trees, we are super thrilled with the whole look. Plus the added benefit is the sound of them swaying in the breeze. Our 4 year old calls them "hula dancers" which is pretty spot on!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.