Build in Progress - Houston area

Gorgeous! I'm jealous of the palm tree! We moved north from Clear Lake about a year ago - can't tell you how much I miss seeing them everywhere and how outrageously expensive they are up here! Pool is looking great, hope things are smooth from here on out.

Thanks! Believe me those trees are not cheap anywhere. I got two of them and the list price on them was $10k each. Yes you read that right. No way could I stomach that. Luckily I paid no where near the ballpark of that amount for them or they wouldn't be going into the yard in a week!!

The photo talking about the plumbing right after the "picture dump" really shows off the curves of the pool. I see it's stone at the end of the pool and that looks really natural with the curves and the coping. I also see the dog came out to help again. The family is going to enjoy the views from the pool for sure.

My husband thinks I should get the Hennessey V700 upgrade to the CTS-V.....

The photo talking about the plumbing right after the "picture dump" really shows off the curves of the pool. I see it's stone at the end of the pool and that looks really natural with the curves and the coping. I also see the dog came out to help again. The family is going to enjoy the views from the pool for sure.

My husband thinks I should get the Hennessey V700 upgrade to the CTS-V.....

Yeah I really wanted there to be nice sweeping curves and it is harder to sit down and just draw something that works like that. It was more difficult than I thought it would be anyway.

The dog is Rebel, she's an old girl now - about 12 or 13 years old (she was a rescue so not totally sure). I'll be very interested to see if she gets in the water. I have the feeling she will explore the tanning ledge!

On the CTS-V: please don't get the Hennessey anything!! He charges about 8 to 10 times the actual value of the stuff he does. You can make your CTS-V a 10 second car with less than $500 in upgrades. If you don't know drag racing, a 10 second car will beat just about anything rolling off a production line anywhere in the world - including most supercars. I have an SRT8 Jeep that I've done some mods to and a tuned CTS-V is about the only thing on the street that could beat it! I plan on getting one as my next vehicle.

- - - Updated - - -

Great looking pool Cuse.....I agree that Hill Country paving is a great compliment to what you already had on your patio. Looks amazing.....and great view y'all have too!

Thanks! Yeah we are really liking the Hill Country! I am very glad we went with this instead of spray deck in terms of look, I just hope it holds up without sinking or shifting or anything. I wasn't 100% pleased with the base layer preparation.

I agree about the pavers too - and I think the slightly lighter color of the pavers around the pool will help highlight the step down from the patio. It's all very well thought out and coordinated. There are two threads on here, that I read, about pool owners building therapy pools for their elderly dogs - or you could be like MartinKennedy and just get an awesome outdoor dog bed for her to lie on and enjoy the family fun. Plus with those incredible palm trees - the entire build is going to finish out great.

North Star drag way is nearby, my husband just closed down his hot rod / chassis shop last year and has built cars that have certified to 750 but we have never raced. He's more an off road guy. The CTS-V is my favorite car ever. I rented a 2014 Stingray and hands down couldn't wait to get back in my car although the Stingray was amazing looking. I could talk forever about my car...probably better for another forum.

Some better pictures of the completed deck. Still some dirt piles on the old deck, but we spent hours yesterday and today clearing off and cleaning the main part of the original deck.

deck1_zps4b6f0630.jpeg

From the other direction

deck2_zps7633d3f1.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes, that is definitely normal.

Thanks for the response! Saves me from worrying about it.

Looks great. I like the natural look of it, from the form, to the rock / stone work , and the tile choice. Nicely done, and my new plaster has those same trowel lines! No worries there.

Thank you for the compliments, we're really excited how it's coming together!

Again - I'm jealous of the fact that you are in plaster. I really like your color choice. I wanted a Pebble Tec product - but another thing we learned too late (how much I wish I knew about this site before we started our build). I know I said it already, but the color and product choices are so beautiful and natural - I love them. - Karen

Looks awesome! Great material choices!

Thanks twolabs!!

Again - I'm jealous of the fact that you are in plaster. I really like your color choice. I wanted a Pebble Tec product - but another thing we learned too late (how much I wish I knew about this site before we started our build). I know I said it already, but the color and product choices are so beautiful and natural - I love them. - Karen

Thanks Karen. It's nice to hear positive feedback after all the agonizing that went into every little thing. You're not far behind in your build. I'll tell you about 2 weeks ago I thought this thing was going nowhere fast, but really it's like a snap of the fingers and now there is a hose in there filling it up!

Fill1_zps0101ab4f.jpg

Fill2_zpsfe276249.jpg

Pool is full and yard is completely cleared! Two full dump trucks of junk were carried away. It is completely bizarre to see my yard flat and clean. PB is coming tomorrow to do startup. Water is a little greenish at the moment, I am positive the color will trend more blue from here as we get it pumping and chemicals set. They left me a brush, but it is a combo nylon/stainless steel - is that ok for the Pebble Sheen break-in brushing?

Landscapers will be here Saturday.

Fill4_zps292ef975.jpg

Fill5_zpsdc16d779.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.