Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hayward swimclear cartridge filter C4025

1. Back To Top    #1

Hayward swimclear cartridge filter C4025

Looking for replacement cartridges that are good but don't cost an arm and a leg . Any recommendations, thanks

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hayward swimclear cartridge filter C4025

Get some Unicel or Filbur. I think Pleatco might be OK as well.

Look to be < $175 on Ebay for a set of 4.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

I would stay away from Pleatco. The material is thinner than the others and doesn't seem to last as long based upon user reports.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks Mark, I was on the fence about mentioning the Pleatco .....
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    I would stay away from Pleatco. The material is thinner than the others and doesn't seem to last as long based upon user reports.
    Thank you both very much. Name of business that sells them that you recommend

6. Back To Top    #6

Ebay ... or just Google for them.
    Jason, TFP Moderator

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    Bummer to hear this. I put in a new set of Pleatco cartridges this season. I did a ton of searching on the forum and it seemed like the consensus was that they are fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Like these threads:

Quote Originally Posted by jblizzle View Post
    Wow! Did you try to proofread that at all?

I think Pleatco and Unicel are pretty comparable. Here is another post about the difference:
    pleatco-vs-unicel-revisited-t59664.html
    Quote Originally Posted by doncaruana View Post
    I actually called Pleatco this morning and talked to someone there about their filters, asking him about the specs on theirs vs others (particularly Unicel). For my CCP240, the Unicel pleat count is 167 and the media is 4oz. Pleatco doesn't specify a pleat count and their fabric is 3oz.

Now, the first thing this guy told me is pleat count might be different, but to an insignificant degree ("What impact is there is you're off by 2 or 3 pleats as long as you have the same surface area?"). While I recognize that there seems to be a correlation between pleat count and filter performance, I see his point. Not sure if anyone has any opinions on that part of it...

Anyway...the next thing he said is that Pleatco has their own lab and they found that the Reemay that everyone else uses has some bypass in it that they didn't like and so they "redesigned" the fabric and use their own, which accounts for the weight difference, although they still have the same (or better) filter capability. They've been using this for about a year and a half he said. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the "newer" Pleatcos. They've posted a YouTube video discussing it and it is very intersting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk-HgvHio-M

Last, I've read for a few people, the fit wasn't great on the Pleatco. Have a feeling that's by model and was wondering if anyone had this issue with this filter particularly (60sq ft._CCP240) or if that was an "old" issue and has been resolved.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock (hint...it's a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator