Welcome to the forum :wave:

Can't even begin to help you until we know something about what it is you are using the pump for. Is it strictly for a pool or pool with spa or pool with water feature or pool with water feature and spa ?? Do you have solar heating and if so how high a lift to the panels ??

You need to give us some info to be able to help you. You can start but adding the pools info to your "signature" as outlined here - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

Number one, what is the exact motor number of the pump motor you have. It should have a plate and whatever info you can post from that plate would be helpful. You've given no idea of what it is you have or need. Does the present pump work properly and are you just looking for cost savings ??
Have you considered a two speed or are you sure you want a VS ??

Looking to switch to VS pump, need advice!

Merged by moderator. Please stop posting duplicate threads and keep your related discussions/questions together. Thanks, jblizzle

Have super pump II, approximately 14000 pebble tec in ground, hayward cartridge filter. No water features just started using kreepy krauley. Live in Tucson, AZ. Have high electric power bill, trying to cut down. Looking to maybe replace just pump. What do you think

Your electricity rate is pretty low in Tucson. If you are looking to save money a VS pump is not the way to go. Replace the motor with a 1hp two speed and replace the impeller. Or get a new 1 hp two speed pump, something like a SuperPump, SuperFlo, MaxFlo, or FloPro. Run on low most of the time, and you may have to run on high when you use the kreepy krauley.

How much do you run your pump? You might try reducing the pump run time to save energy.

Your electricity rate is pretty low in Tucson. If you are looking to save money a VS pump is not the way to go. Replace the motor with a 1hp two speed and replace the impeller. Or get a new 1 hp two speed pump, something like a SuperPump, SuperFlo, MaxFlo, or FloPro. Run on low most of the time, and you may have to run on high when you use the kreepy krauley.

How much do you run your pump? You might try reducing the pump run time to save energy.
Eight hours during summer and four during winter

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Can't even begin to help you until we know something about what it is you are using the pump for. Is it strictly for a pool or pool with spa or pool with water feature or pool with water feature and spa ?? Do you have solar heating and if so how high a lift to the panels ??

You need to give us some info to be able to help you. You can start but adding the pools info to your "signature" as outlined here - > http://www.troublefreepool.com/content/165-getting-started

Number one, what is the exact motor number of the pump motor you have. It should have a plate and whatever info you can post from that plate would be helpful. You've given no idea of what it is you have or need. Does the present pump work properly and are you just looking for cost savings ??
Have you considered a two speed or are you sure you want a VS ??
Tried your link for my signature to add pool info and puts me in circles

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I also just put in a Pentair Intelliflo VS 011018. Bought the pump for $849, free shipping and a $100 rebate from Pentair. Had to pay a local pool service for install, since Pentair only gives the rebate and full 3 yr. warranty if it is "professionally installed".

Very happy with the wattage readings I see displayed on it, time will tell what my electric bill actually says.

When I go to Pentair's site and look for rebates all it offers for SC is the Duke rebate. http://www.pentairpool.com/save-energy/utility-rebates.html
Seems the rebates aren't through Pentair itself, they are just listing what is available to the consumer in the consumers state to help with selling the Pentair product.
Chiefwej is in Arizona so it's a different program from yours.

Actually Pentair has a rebate program. Buy and have "professionally installed" the Intelliflo VS pump before September 30 and you get a $100 prepaid Visa card. This would be in addition to any power company rebate.

I just happened to find out about it when I called Pentair for advice on which pump would be best for my particular system. They are great. They asked all the details about my pool equipment and suggested which of their pumps would be best, then he told me that he could get me a $100 prepaid Visa card as a rebate if I bought it and registered the warranty w/ the rebate application.

Here is a link to the rebate application.

http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/RetailRebateForm.pdf

Yep, the install cost more than the rebate, but you have to supply a receipt from either an electrician or pool service company for the install in order to get the three-year warranty and the rebate. Still seems like a pretty good deal

It is nice to run my new pump at 1,000 rpm and see that it is using about the same power as a 100 watt light bulb. The old 2 hp. pump was using 25-30 times that much power. Even at much higher flows it still uses less than half what my old pump did.

I have it setup to run 1 hr at a relative high speed (2700) to clean the pool then drop back to a slower speed (1500) for a couple hours to keep the SWG running during mid day, then low and slow (1000) until late evening (just because it's cheap and boy does it make the water sparkle). So far I'm very happy with the VS. I don't know how much it will really save since I haven't got an electric bill yet. My neighbor estimates $50-75 per month saving since he went with a VS pump. We shall see.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.