Trying to ID a Hayward multi port valve

Wave

Aug 20, 2014
Ridgeway, SC
First post... I searched, but didn't come up with anything.

I have a large pool (~40,000 gallons). Everything was here when we bought the house and it's been quite the learning experience!

My Hayward multi port valve has SPX-710X32 on it and has a cracked housing. I am trying to figure out exactly what I have. The piping going to the pump is all 1.5", but the connections to the S-240 filter are 2". From whatnot can find on the Internet, the 710X32 has all 1.5" connections, and the 715X32 has all 2" connections.

Anyone have any insight here? Thanks for any help!

Anthony

First post... I searched, but didn't come up with anything.

I have a large pool (~40,000 gallons). Everything was here when we bought the house and it's been quite the learning experience!

My Hayward multi port valve has SPX-710X32 on it and has a cracked housing. I am trying to figure out exactly what I have. The piping going to the pump is all 1.5", but the connections to the S-240 filter are 2". From whatnot can find on the Internet, the 710X32 has all 1.5" connections, and the 715X32 has all 2" connections.

Anyone have any insight here? Thanks for any help!

Anthony

You should directly replace with the same part number. The only difference between the two is the adapter size to the return and pump lines. If you have 1.5" going to pump (I am assuming it's 1.5" to returns as well unless there is a reducing fitting) that's what's important.

Hayward valves are typically the same size going to the filter within the same product line. You have an S240, which I believe they do not sell anymore, just the S200 so it makes it a little murky on which to go with but you can use either valve with either the S200 or S240, which leads me to believe the fitting to the sand filter would have to be the same. When I found older manuals for the S240, it lists both valves as compatible so if you have 1.5" lines to return and pump, the SPX0710X32 is the way to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.