Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Trying to ID a Hayward multi port valve

1. Back To Top    #1

Trying to ID a Hayward multi port valve

First post... I searched, but didn't come up with anything.

I have a large pool (~40,000 gallons). Everything was here when we bought the house and it's been quite the learning experience!

My Hayward multi port valve has SPX-710X32 on it and has a cracked housing. I am trying to figure out exactly what I have. The piping going to the pump is all 1.5", but the connections to the S-240 filter are 2". From whatnot can find on the Internet, the 710X32 has all 1.5" connections, and the 715X32 has all 2" connections.

Anyone have any insight here? Thanks for any help!

Anthony

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Trying to ID a Hayward multi port valve

Quote Originally Posted by Wave View Post
    First post... I searched, but didn't come up with anything.

I have a large pool (~40,000 gallons). Everything was here when we bought the house and it's been quite the learning experience!

My Hayward multi port valve has SPX-710X32 on it and has a cracked housing. I am trying to figure out exactly what I have. The piping going to the pump is all 1.5", but the connections to the S-240 filter are 2". From whatnot can find on the Internet, the 710X32 has all 1.5" connections, and the 715X32 has all 2" connections.

Anyone have any insight here? Thanks for any help!

Anthony
    You should directly replace with the same part number. The only difference between the two is the adapter size to the return and pump lines. If you have 1.5" going to pump (I am assuming it's 1.5" to returns as well unless there is a reducing fitting) that's what's important.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Thanks Joel! Are you saying that's the 710x32 and the 715x32 both have 2" fittings to the filter? That would make it simple! I wasn't sure that the dial face of the multiport was original which is where the model # is.

4. Back To Top    #4

Hayward valves are typically the same size going to the filter within the same product line. You have an S240, which I believe they do not sell anymore, just the S200 so it makes it a little murky on which to go with but you can use either valve with either the S200 or S240, which leads me to believe the fitting to the sand filter would have to be the same. When I found older manuals for the S240, it lists both valves as compatible so if you have 1.5" lines to return and pump, the SPX0710X32 is the way to go.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum

You can always call or write Hayward too. https://www.hayward-pool.com/shop/Pr...51_12152_-1___

S200 manual with parts diagrams : https://www.hayward-pool.com/pdf/manuals/S200.pdf
    Apparently the S200 and S240 share parts and the difference is size and sand capacity.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!