Heat exchanger in a Raypac heater

bswicht

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 2, 2014
Middletown, MD
Does anyone know where the heat exchanger is located in a Raypac heater? I got a code saying that the heat rollout safety switch tripped. I looked it up and it says that the heat exhanger is clogged. \
Does anyone have a clue?

If you take off the center top lid which usually just needs to be shifted slightly that will expose the top of the exchanger. Try vaccuming it off with a shop vac. for starters. I had a pool company clean out the burners the year before. That worked for me on my last one but eventually I started getting issues every year so just bought a new one. I think my last one lasted about 12 years in the Midwest not covered in the winter.

Thanks, wjr75 for the information about the heat exchanger. The heat exchanger as been the home for a mouse nest, then once we got rid of the nest, a black snake moved in, probably looking for more mice. So now I bang on the heater before I open the lid just to let anything living in there know I'm coming. I think my dh found out why the heater won't turn on. The flame rollout safety fuse blew. It probably blew because there was still some stuff on the heat exchanger. I found it online at Pool Supply Unlimited, but the shipping charge was almost as much as the part. Does anyone know anything about this company?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.