New build starting tomorrow

Aug 20, 2014
Si ny
Hi I have been a lurker on this forum for a while reading all the great advice I finally decided to join as I am getting a new pool tomorrow The question is am I am getting a 14 x 25' long pool installed tomorrow I had a question on the depth set up it will be 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet deep I was curious for advice on how long that the shallow side should be and then the slope Should be and how long the deep end will should be
Any advice would be great I hope enough information

Hey there welcome to the forum! Sorry I can't be of more help for your specific question (I've had pools, but never had one built based on my specs). Seems like it would be a matter of preference, but I am confident you will get plenty of good feedback from the other members!

In any case, welcome to TFP! :)

We are 3-1/2-5-4 play pool. 3-1/2 is too shallow for any kid under about 8 and way too shallow for an adult. We spend most of our time in the 4-1/2 to 5 area. Get a tape measure and hold it up to you and the kids to get an idea how shallow 3-1/2 really is. If you do want some 3-1/2 you probably won't want much. It is nice to stand in water up to your neck.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.