Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New build starting tomorrow

1. Back To Top    #1

New build starting tomorrow

Hi I have been a lurker on this forum for a while reading all the great advice I finally decided to join as I am getting a new pool tomorrow The question is am I am getting a 14 x 25' long pool installed tomorrow I had a question on the depth set up it will be 3 1/2 to 5 1/2 feet deep I was curious for advice on how long that the shallow side should be and then the slope Should be and how long the deep end will should be
    Any advice would be great I hope enough information

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: New build starting tomorrow

Hey there welcome to the forum! Sorry I can't be of more help for your specific question (I've had pools, but never had one built based on my specs). Seems like it would be a matter of preference, but I am confident you will get plenty of good feedback from the other members!

In any case, welcome to TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you Blake unfortunately I have two non swimmers in the house so need it to be safe but don't know if the shallow side should be so large or how the proportions should be thank you again

4. Back To Top    #4

How old are your kids? Kids do grow up fast, they and you may not use the shallow end much when they are bigger. Consider a fence until then. Kids can drown in shallow or deep waters.
    32K gallon 24'x41' IG, 8'x10' spa, mini pebble,
    Pentair equipment [Intellitouch I9, IC-60 SWG, 520 sq Clean + Clear Plus cartridge filter, 3 VS pumps(1 FX, 2 intelliflo)], Dolphin M5 cleaner.
    2 rain shears, 2 water shears, 2 blubbers, 4 laminars, water slide, rock waterfall.

5. Back To Top    #5

We are 3-1/2-5-4 play pool. 3-1/2 is too shallow for any kid under about 8 and way too shallow for an adult. We spend most of our time in the 4-1/2 to 5 area. Get a tape measure and hold it up to you and the kids to get an idea how shallow 3-1/2 really is. If you do want some 3-1/2 you probably won't want much. It is nice to stand in water up to your neck.