I'm going to re-read the pool school section but yesterday the builder shocked the pool and added the stabilizer and everything looked pretty clear by the end of the day. This morning I woke up to do my brushing and it looked like a Dos Equis bottle.
I took a water sample to a pool supply and everything tested great and they said the water is swimmable but could not give me an answer on the green color. Here are the test results:
Saturation Index: .27
Water Color: None
Water Clarity: Clear
Free Chlorine: 5.3 ppm
pH - 7.8 (I added one pint of acid)
Hardness - 180 ppm
Alkalinity (w/stabilizer correction) - 147 ppm
Cyanuric acid - 10 ppm
Copper - 0 ppm
Iron - 0 ppm
TDS - 600 ppm
Pool was filled with well water and originally had .22 on the iron but the metal out stuff took that away. Chlorine is high from the shock I suspect. 8 lbs. of stabilizer was also added yesterday so I suspect that is probably still dissolving (didn't look in skimmer before typing this up).