2 speed motor replacement, help with parts/decisions

Jun 21, 2014
FL
Hi,

I have a Pentair Superflo 1hp (340038) pump, with a Clean and Clear CC100 filter. The pool is probably about 15,000gal. 1 1/2" pipes, a DIY solar on the ground, 1 skimmer, 2 returns. It was built in the early 60's and is screened in. This setup was installed (thrown together) somewhere around January this year (not by me). I'll be using a suction side cleaner in the skimmer, don't have one yet.
I have an order in at Amazon for a Pentair 355003S that is a 1hp 2 speed, but I'm not sure it's ever going to ship... So I was just looking at other options. Looks like the Century 3/4hp B2980 would be a good (better?) option, and I'm guessing plenty for this pool? Would I need to change the impeller if I went with the B2980? If so, would I be better off just going with a B2982 1hp and not have to buy an impeller? Should I just stick with the Pentair direct replacement? Any other suggestions instead?

TIA! :snorkle:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.