Finally a grown up pool! Comments welcome!

Aug 9, 2014
I'm acquiring an intex ultra frame rectangle 18x9 pool.(Neighbour's put it up a month or so ago, but they just got transfered for work)
Going to miss them terrible but the good news is i can have the pool.salt water system cover ladder everything.

I plan to buy a a solar heater 4 x 20 (or whatever you recommend!!)
I was thinking 2 -4 x 20 as I live just north of Toronot canada. roof faces dead south with black shingles .I get easy 8 hrs of sun .
Put it on the roof of my bungalow which is about 55ft from the pool.
No other option on the ground etc.

I'd need to bury my pipe s under my sod as well.
could I go with a 3000 gph intex sand filter pump?
I have to run water horizontal 55 ft 12 ft up the side of the house then 10 ft in on the roof.
I have a spare 1000 gph and 530 gph pump from my smaller pools.
Could I use my smaller pump to power the solar syatem and the sand filter 3000 gph to run the pool?
Or would I be better off buying a stronger pump and sand filter separately?
Any ideas of a good sand filter?
Nice quiet strong pump?
Thank you for your expertise.

If you decide to mount the panels on the roof, there is no way the smaller pumps will move enough water. I have an Intex 635T pump (1,500 GPH) pushing up about 9 feet and across about 30 and it's not enough to run efficiently. If you have a pump capable to doing the job right, you might get by with just one 4'x20' panel -- about 50 percent of your pool square footage. I do not know if the Intex sand filter rated for 3,000 GPH is up to the task. Someone else would have to address that.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.