Help setting up new Stenner pump

cnatra

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 2, 2014
Houston TX
So I finally got a Stenner pump & tank from US Water Systems

I got an 85MPHP40 , so it's a single head fixed 26-100psi pump (#7 tube , 1.67gph) & I sprung for the 30gal tank

First off it fits a little tighter on my equipment pad than I expected ......

Should I be worried placing it that close to the heater ??

Liquid chlorine isn't combustible right ?

The heater is covered in a composite case that doesn't conduct too much heat & the main vent is on the opposite side.

SO How do I hook this thing up ??? :confused: Im sure it's easier than it looks , LoL

Does it really matter if I put the injector at the top or bottom of the chlorine feeder as long as the valve is opened all the way ??

I have the popular Woods 50015 digital outdoor timer enroute from Amazon too.

Thanks for any&all advice !!!

oh & I guess this will probably make cleaning the filter more work with it installed there ......

Liquid chlorine is mostly water and is not combustible. Only you are going to be able to determine if that area gets hot enough to melt/deform the Stenner tank.

Yes, you should be able to inject into either port on the tab feeder.

You need to move the clamp on the filter housing 180deg to the other side or else it's going to be a pain to open and close your filter.

Otherwise, SWEET SETUP!!!

PS - you'll be fine with the MasterTemp as long as the exhaust is unobstructed.

Honestly though, it's kind of dumb that they construct the container our if BLACK plastic ?!?!? Talk about a heat absorber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to move the clamp on the filter housing 180deg to the other side or else it's going to be a pain to open and close your filter.

yeah I thought that too after staring at it a while, going to disassemble & clean filter this week before I fill the tank up

PS - you'll be fine with the MasterTemp as long as the exhaust is unobstructed.

exhaust is pointed up on opposite side

Honestly though, it's kind of dumb that they construct the container our if BLACK plastic ?!?!? Talk about a heat absorber.

I debated on the white vs the gray but the Stenner website claims "UV resistant gray or Translucent white" on the tanks so I ordered gray

http://www.stenner.com/products/tank-systems

- - - Updated - - -

Liquid chlorine is non-combustible, but loses strength much faster when exposed to heat.

I'll monitor it this winter when I fire up the heater

I think you are going to love the Stenner. Mine has made my life very easy. We travel every two to three weeks and worrying about the pool is no longer part of the equation. With a full tank mine will go about 3 weeks without a refill. I think even with the hi test chlorine you have access to you will not have a problem with % degradation before it gets used in the pool.

Keep us posted.

I assume heat is a little lesser of an evil than light is, that's why the tank is black. That said, we have a 300 gallon tank of 9% bleach sitting next to our cooling tower at work in case the chlorine plant goes down, and it is white. Not sure how fast it degrades.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nooooooooooooooo....Teflon tape is eeeeeeevil!!

(I have had many clogs in small tubing caused by errant shards of T-tape)

Use a liquid Teflon thread sealant (found in same section of hardware store as PVC piping). Works just the same as tape, makes a great seal and is easily removed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.