Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Help setting up new Stenner pump

1. Back To Top    #1

Help setting up new Stenner pump

So I finally got a Stenner pump & tank from US Water Systems

I got an 85MPHP40 , so it's a single head fixed 26-100psi pump (#7 tube , 1.67gph) & I sprung for the 30gal tank

First off it fits a little tighter on my equipment pad than I expected ......

Should I be worried placing it that close to the heater ??

Liquid chlorine isn't combustible right ?

The heater is covered in a composite case that doesn't conduct too much heat & the main vent is on the opposite side.

SO How do I hook this thing up ??? Im sure it's easier than it looks , LoL

Does it really matter if I put the injector at the top or bottom of the chlorine feeder as long as the valve is opened all the way ??

I have the popular Woods 50015 digital outdoor timer enroute from Amazon too.

Thanks for any&all advice !!!

oh & I guess this will probably make cleaning the filter more work with it installed there ......
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator
    my build http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-north-Houston

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Help setting up new Stenner pump

Liquid chlorine is mostly water and is not combustible. Only you are going to be able to determine if that area gets hot enough to melt/deform the Stenner tank.

Yes, you should be able to inject into either port on the tab feeder.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by tim5055 View Post
    Liquid chlorine is mostly water and is not combustible.
    good

Only you are going to be able to determine if that area gets hot enough to melt/deform the Stenner tank.
    yeah , I guess so

Yes, you should be able to inject into either port on the tab feeder.
    Great
    23k gunite, Stonescapes Mini Aqua Blue w/seashell, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, 2 Pentair Intelli-Flo VS pumps, Pentair Mastertemp 400, Pentair EasyTouch 8+wireless controller, Silencer spa blower, 3 Intellibrite LEDs, Pentair Racer cleaner, Pentair 320 chlorinator

4. Back To Top    #4

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Liquid chlorine is non-combustible, but loses strength much faster when exposed to heat.

5. Back To Top    #5

You need to move the clamp on the filter housing 180deg to the other side or else it's going to be a pain to open and close your filter.

Otherwise, SWEET SETUP!!!

PS - you'll be fine with the MasterTemp as long as the exhaust is unobstructed.

Honestly though, it's kind of dumb that they construct the container our if BLACK plastic ?!?!? Talk about a heat absorber.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOptimism View Post
    You need to move the clamp on the filter housing 180deg to the other side or else it's going to be a pain to open and close your filter.
    yeah I thought that too after staring at it a while, going to disassemble & clean filter this week before I fill the tank up

exhaust is pointed up on opposite side

Honestly though, it's kind of dumb that they construct the container our if BLACK plastic ?!?!? Talk about a heat absorber.
    I debated on the white vs the gray but the Stenner website claims "UV resistant gray or Translucent white" on the tanks so I ordered gray

http://www.stenner.com/products/tank-systems

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Abigail K View Post
    Liquid chlorine is non-combustible, but loses strength much faster when exposed to heat.
    I'll monitor it this winter when I fire up the heater

7. Back To Top    #7

I think you are going to love the Stenner. Mine has made my life very easy. We travel every two to three weeks and worrying about the pool is no longer part of the equation. With a full tank mine will go about 3 weeks without a refill. I think even with the hi test chlorine you have access to you will not have a problem with % degradation before it gets used in the pool.

Keep us posted.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

8. Back To Top    #8

I assume heat is a little lesser of an evil than light is, that's why the tank is black. That said, we have a 300 gallon tank of 9% bleach sitting next to our cooling tower at work in case the chlorine plant goes down, and it is white. Not sure how fast it degrades.

30K gallon IG vinyl. 1.5HP 2-speed Waterway Mustang pump. 600 lb sand filter. Polaris 280. Circupool SI-60+. TF-100

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyOptimism View Post

above pic of exhaust on right side of heater

- - - Updated - - -

10. Back To Top    #10

Got the timer & all buckets from Amazon with these lids so I can fill up at NAPCO http://www.amazon.com/The-Gamma-Seal.../dp/B0089QJQTS

Should I put teflon tape on the injector threads that go into the puck chlorinator ?

11. Back To Top    #11

Nooooooooooooooo....Teflon tape is eeeeeeevil!!

(I have had many clogs in small tubing caused by errant shards of T-tape)

Use a liquid Teflon thread sealant (found in same section of hardware store as PVC piping). Works just the same as tape, makes a great seal and is easily removed.

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyoptimism View Post
    nooooooooooooooo....teflon tape is eeeeeeevil!!

(i have had many clogs in small tubing caused by errant shards of t-tape)

use a liquid teflon thread sealant (found in same section of hardware store as pvc piping). Works just the same as tape, makes a great seal and is easily removed.
    ok , Thanks !!!

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by cnatra View Post
    ok , Thanks !!!
    Like this -