So after lurking here for years (I think) we finally got a first quote for a pool. We looked for a while at different builders in the area and have almost decided on this builder. The builder has a very good reputation and is known for fair pricing and great work. They have already done 4 or 5 pools on our street and everyone we have spoke with are happy.
There are already some pieces on the quote that I don't think I need that will save us some money. The pool builder is visiting to take a look and discuss the quote with us on Saturday so I am sure he will get us to add some other things that we haven't thought of yet. There is quite a bit of equipment listed on the pool detail sheet that isn't in the quote. I guess this is standard equipment because only the upgrade costs are listed?
- Pentair Easytouch with remote or Ipad/Laptop control module (seems like a lot of money for turning on/off lights/spa)
- Ozonator- Clear O3
- Most likely change the lights to 2 colored LED instead of what is currently in the bid.
- Wondering if 7' is a good size for spa?
- Will the inline chlorinator be able to save me at all when we are travelling? Both me and my wife are gone a few days a week for work.
- Is the Pebble Tech worth it? Some people have said it makes a difference if the pool gets a lot of sun, and ours will get A LOT of sun.
- Will most likely add a sleave for a big umbrella somewhere in the pool.
- Probably some things I haven't thought of.
- Increase depth from 5' - 6" to 6'
We are located in central Texas and have a semi steep slope in our back yard. The ground is all limestone except for the few inches of top soil that the builder put down.