Need wiring advice for new suntoch system

Greetings,

I'd like some advice on the remodel of my pool. I'm thinking of getting a Suntouch system to control my Pentair 11018 pump and a solar heater (yet to be installed)
Pool is currently awaiting new coping, tile, and plaster, as well as a new concrete deck. While it waits, I've upgraded the old electrical conduit and pump/filter pad. I ran two conduits. 1 at 1" and 1 at 3/4" . My origional thought was to wire directly to the pentair pump from the main panel using 12 AWG solid wiring and a 20 amp GFCI bkr. (80 foot run) I intend to install a Suntouch system when I add on a solar heater next year. However I now think maybe I should just install the Suntouch system now. My Delima is the electrical from the panel to the SunTouch panel- I couldn't fine any reccomendations - is the Suntouch system actually a sub panel? Do I need a subpanel between the Suntouch and the Main? and finally, would the 20 amp bkr / 12 awg wire be suffecient for the Suntouch panel (I'm thinking not!) Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.