Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need wiring advice for new suntoch system

1. Back To Top    #1

yorba Linda, California

Need wiring advice for new suntoch system

I'd like some advice on the remodel of my pool. I'm thinking of getting a Suntouch system to control my Pentair 11018 pump and a solar heater (yet to be installed)
    Pool is currently awaiting new coping, tile, and plaster, as well as a new concrete deck. While it waits, I've upgraded the old electrical conduit and pump/filter pad. I ran two conduits. 1 at 1" and 1 at 3/4" . My origional thought was to wire directly to the pentair pump from the main panel using 12 AWG solid wiring and a 20 amp GFCI bkr. (80 foot run) I intend to install a Suntouch system when I add on a solar heater next year. However I now think maybe I should just install the Suntouch system now. My Delima is the electrical from the panel to the SunTouch panel- I couldn't fine any reccomendations - is the Suntouch system actually a sub panel? Do I need a subpanel between the Suntouch and the Main? and finally, would the 20 amp bkr / 12 awg wire be suffecient for the Suntouch panel (I'm thinking not!) Thanks

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Need wiring advice for new suntoch system

It's not a subpanel per se, but will take power from the main panel through a breaker.
    Here's the manual (check page 49).

Hope that helps.
    The sun panel will run 240V or 120V depending on your system needs (240V pump or 120V).
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida