Installing an INTELLIFLOW variable speed pump

Apr 22, 2012
I need step by step instructions on installing an INTELLIFLOW variable speed pump and integrating it with my Aqualink RS8 control unit. I am also concerned about the plumbing as there appears to only be one threaded pipe with the remainder having been glued in place. My pool is 35K gallons w Chlorine system. I have a spa, waterfall and heater attached to this in-ground system.

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 163
Can't help with the Aqualink integration but the easiest way I found was to remove the motor from the weir on the existing pump and then cut the upper pipe and then turning the weir to remove the intake after unscrewing the output. Looks from your pics like they added some silicone to the intake but it should still be threaded. I didn't use couplers for the output but in hind sight would use them if I have to do it again. 2" PVC isn't very giving in short runs.

Ebay seller has a package deal for $899.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390872629580?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

- - - Updated - - -

So my pool guy came by today (I've kind of failed at keeping algae down during the summer) and I mentioned this pump and he was totally against it. He claimed to see a lot of failures out in the field. Can anyone speak to this. Even if a component failed after a year, the cost savings in electricity seems likely to surpass the costs.

I bought the same 011018 pump for $835 w/ free shipping, no tax. Another $25 for the couplings which are very nice, they have O-rings that seal against the pump, makes the install easier. You can also get a $100 pre paid Visa card as a rebate from Pentair and an extended 3 yr warranty if you have the pump professionally installed.

Bought pump here

Rebate form here

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If the consumer purchased new pool electronics, it will only have a 1 year warranty if you install it, even though you paid full retail for it...I hope that never catches on in other things like we purchase...like voiding your pool warranty because you didn't have a pool service company taking care of it..

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I was planning on installing the pump myself, but getting the extra $100 rebate and an extended 3yr warranty changed my mind.

I bought my pump online at the site I posted above and had it installed by a local pool service. Per Pentair my Rebate has already been approved. According to Pentair, to qualify for this rebate the pump must be bought retail (online retailers are OK) and it must be professionally installed. Professional installation can include a licensed electrician, pool service, plumber, etc.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.