I just purchased a foreclosed house with a pool. About 2-3 weeks ago I noticed they covered up the pool with permeable tarp. However what I found out yesterday that the pool was drained, and looks like it has been partially refilled by rain.
The pools is approx 30x14. It is 3 feet in shallow area, 6 in the deep (according to the markings)
The first half of video below is of the pool before it was drained/tarped:
Here are pictures of it now:
It looks like it has pebble tec finish or something similar?
Now onto the questions:
- Should I drain the pool and have it Acid washed? - does it really need it? Was quoted $500 to do it, $650 if it needed to be drained
- I am unable to put the tarp back on the pool - can I pour bleach into the pool to keep away the mosquitoes, algae, etc?
- If so, how much bleach?
- After I put in the bleach it should be safe to jump in and start cleaning out the gunk? Is there an easie way to do this?
- Should I pay $1,600 to have water delivered by truck (pre chlorinated, pool ready) or
- Pay $250 for a guy to bring charcoal barrels to filter the well water (water has .08 ppm iron) and risk burning out the well motor ($1000) and or dying up the well and needing to drill another ($1000)
- whoever drained the pool, also cut off the pool rails > -- Luckily I see they go for around $115 on Amazon
- To install a new rail, would I have to drill the remaining rail out of the concrete?
- Anyone can tell me the process to install the rails?
Have a bunch more questions about the pool - but these are probably the most time critical
Thanks in advance!,