Adding Z-Wave device to Intermatic controller

SickPup404

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 5, 2013
Delaware Beaches
I've got an Intermatic PE15300 Panel with PE1353ME Timer & PE4243ME Switch controller set up to control my filter pump and booster pump. I also incorporated the PE650/PE950 Remote and Transceiver whcih gives me remote control on the Heater and Light in the pool.

I am now trying to add a GE 45609 Z-Wave On/Off Switch to the Remote/Transceiver. I followed the instructions to include the device in the network and it isn't responding. Any ideas?

(Steps are to Reset the device, Include it in the network, Add it to the scene, done.)

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but I would like to know how you like the Intermatic setup? I'm thinking of using the same equipment to control my pump, booster pump, Stenner pump, heater and two valves. Was it easy to install? Can you do everything you want from the remote?

Good luck with your Z-Wave.

Sorry for the delay in responding... Long few days at work...

@Billrector, I really like the setup very much. I currently use it to control the main pump, booster, pool light, and heater. All four are controlled by the remote, or at the panel. I have two lines coming to the panel - 220v for pumps, 110v for light & GFCI. Be sure to read, re-read, and re-re-read the PDFs for all the equipment. I found it helpful to make up a wiring diagram before I got started. I also installed a GFCI in the panel for powering the blower for winterizing, and a dimmer to set the pool light level. It just took a lot of planning on my part to get it all to work right. I have the 1353 set for Mode 5 for control. Also, I set up the clock to use the 110v line for power since I cut the 220v breaker to pumps after winterizing. When the clock loses power, the time is reset but it keeps the timer events up to like a week. It also has delays built in that need to be enabled for the booster pump and heater to ensure good water flow. The heater also has a time delay off, so if you turn off the system with the heater on, it will turn off the heater and run the pump for another 5-10 minutes to do cooldown. It just uses the fireman switch for on/off and monitors the temp via the PA122 sensor - the heater panel is bypassed. Please feel free to post/PM if you have questions, but it may take a day or two for replies depending on work. Also ,be advised that Intermatic doesn't really seem to respond to the "Contact Us" form for tech support.... I'm still waiting on answers from last year that I already answered myself.

@IpaFan, Yup, makes perfect sense. I run Z-Wave in the house too. Removing didn't help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.