Any thoughts on fighting algae growth on Kool-Dek Surface

mneal

Mar 29, 2007
I have had a constant battle with algae growth on my pool deck surface (Kool-Dek) since pool was installed about 2.5 yrs ago. I was if anyone had any input on how to fight the battle? I have one area where the deck has a low spot and it puddles which obviously does not help, but there is also other areas of the deck with problems that have a proper slope still grows algae quickly. (pool deck is shaded alot of the day and that is root cause I am sure) I am tired of bleaching/pressure washing every 2-3 months. I know they make sealers but not sure if they would help and I fear they might yellowing/peeling etc. , not sure about durability of the sealed surface. Anyone have any advice?

A good paint or sealer will work. Be sure to get something that is made for pool decks. Be sure to get something that wont be slippery. You can fill in the low spot with some kool deck patch before painting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.