green powdery dust

I am getting a buildup of green buildup on the walls of my pool. When you brush it down it just looks like a green dust cloud. The pool is crystal clear and everything checks out good except the cyanuric acid which is around 150. My local pool company suggests it might be pollen and I used and followed their reccomendations without any luck. Any suggestions? Pool is around 13-15 thousand gallon, using a DE filter system. I run it for about 6 hrs a day. While doing the reccomended treatment I ran it for a period of 24+ hrs.

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to TFP!

More than likely it is algae. Your high CYA renders your chlorine nearly ineffective at the levels that pool stores and most of the pool industry recommend. Even at 100ppm CYA, you want to keep your chlorine at 12ppm.

The CYA test is not accurate at levels above 100ppm, so your real level could be much higher.

So what do I need to do? Drain the pool down some and refill?

For starters, you need to stop listening to pool stores and "experts". They will only lead you astray.

Second, you need to read all the links in Pool School to learn about how to take care of your pool yourself. Basic Do It Yourself pool maintenance is really easy and will save you lots of money in the long run.

Third, you need to test your own water. You need to use either a Taylor K2006 or TFP TF-100 test kit. You can't use test strips or pool stores for water analysis. You have to do it yourself, it's the only way to get accurate results.

Finally, you need to post a full set of test results and let the experts here help you. The TFPC Method is super easy to do once you get the hang of it and this forum has thousands of users online at any given time if the day ready and willing to give you lots of good advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.