filter pressure issue

Jul 9, 2014
Connecticut
We are still learning how to use our system and have a question about the filter system.

We have a Clean Water II cartridge system that came with our ag pool this year.
When we switch from running the regular pool filter to running the vacuum, we constantly have to re pressurize the filter, Thus spraying a stream of water across the yard, this could take 5 minutes, it seems like it will never re gain pressure and then the filter system leaks for a short while. Is this normal? I call the manufacturer who was less than helpful, the store was a little more helpful but not enough. The store guy told me to clean the filter. I did that which also sent a flood of water soaking the yard, need to find a way to attach a hose to the drain valve! The filter was not that dirty.
The vacuum is an aquabot Tornadic, self propelling vacuum. The hoses and the vacuum are all clear of debris, it has clogged a few times. The water level keeps dropping from all the times we have had to re pressurize. The level is about halfway up the skimmer opening. We also have to re pressurize when we switch back to the regular filter.

Any ideas, or is this what I should be expecting?
Thanks

I'm not familiar with your specific equipment, but do you fill the vacuum hose with water to remove the air before connecting it? The steps I take when vacuuming are: 1. Connect the vacuum to the hose 2. Drop the vacuum and hose in the water 3. Fill the hose with water (this can be done with a jet or a water hose from faucet) 4. Connect the hose 5. Switch to vacuum or waste or whatever setting you use to vacuum.

We submerse the hose in the water to remove the air and then try to attach it to the hole in the skimmer with out introducing too much air. Our pump does not have any switches to change between pump and vacuum. We usually unplug the pump while we are switching between the two. The filter system does seem to leak quite a bit when we are releasing the air pressure, which the pool store told me was normal. The level of water in our pool keeps dropping because of this. It is frustrating, knowing that I must be doing something wrong but not sure what.
Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.