Planning Stage - Need your woulda/shoulda/coulda

We have an 18 x 36 ft pool with 2 Hayward colorlogic LED lights. I think the multicolored lights are awesome and you really need two to get deep color. One I think would be under doing it. Make sure to place your lights so they don't shine on the house, so place them on the same side as your house probably. Two speed pump is awesome. Probably a variable speed would be good too but I just like being able to run the pump on low. Also, HEATER! We have a heat pump because we don't have gas available in the neighborhood and we've been keeping the pool at about 88 all the time. Works GREAT for us because when you're swimming at night and it's 60-70 its nice to get in a warmish pool. The heater alone has probably increased our usage of the pool 300%. So far it hasn't been THAEvT much more expensive. The electric bill seems to be about 100 bucks more a month than it was without the pool but I haven't turned the heater off so I couldn't tell you what % of that is heater and what % is just the pump. We also added a hottub so some of it could be that too. Everybody has already said this but... SALT CELL, awesome. We set ours at 20-30% and it keeps the chlorine about perfect all the time. I think that's most of it. Our plumbing is all individual lines back to the pad but honestly I haven't messed with changing any of the valves except to vacuum but maybe eventually it will help to be able to troubleshoot leaks etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.