Pump -poor sucker

Jun 18, 2012
while i'm waiting on TFT100 to arrive to begin the SLAM... i thought i would attempt to gain some insights from other Intex pump/filter people out there

I LOVE my cute little AquaBug... she and the PUMP seemed to get along great, right out of the box... BUT it was only temporary bliss. It "seems" that the pump could not sustain enough power/pressure/whatever to keep her working more than a few minutes. the pool was kinda dirty at that time, but not severely. the gauge needle would move from the middle of the green area, right to the line between the green & yellow, and she faded fast. we checked everything twice (connections, lines, seals,etc). we had to stop trouble-shooting as the big party was at hand....

and then the algae arrived -uninvited (that's all on another board).

once i am able to complete the initial SLAM to get the pool all sparkly again, I am eager to give this couple another chance. For now i have resorted to a cheapo hand vacuum that works great (i have scrubbed/vacuumed 80% of the algae up so far which required me to backwash the pump/filter every 20min or so for a few hours.

is it typical for the pump on my system to NOT be able to run an AquaBug?? if so, Should I be looking at something like an AquaBot with it's own power source??

Thanks y'all!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.