Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Bottom spots, use a brush?

1. Back To Top    #1

Bottom spots, use a brush?

How often does everyone use a brush on their intex? Had mine setup a little before 7/4 and never brushed but swam a few times. I'm using the bleach method, adding daily. I did skip a day or 2 and recently noticed some spots/liner crease stains. I took my leaf rake and went over the area and it disappeared. Adding a bunch of bleach as I left town and a few spots appeared. Added more bleach, I need to test. I have ever been rinsing same filter as well as it hasn't been dirty besides tree needles. Possible culprit?

I'm thinking I need to buy a brush for the bottom, any special type I need? Or any safe for intex? Was going to buy a intex maintenance kit but I use the Hayward skimmer and plan on upgrading pumps.
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Bottom spots, use a brush?

I use a regular pool brush from the store, give it a brushing once a week. Its fine for the soft sided pools such as Intex.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I use the one that came in my Intex maintenance kit. I don't brush as often as I should. I also have the Hayward skimmer and use the vacuum hose from the Intex kit on the adapter that came with the skimmer. Works great for me.
    Mac.Dblues and ProfessorDaisy's Lower Arkansas Pool Install
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

5. Back To Top    #5

I didn't think you could use them together, great to know it fits!
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed01 View Post
    I didn't think you could use them together, great to know it fits!
    Yeah, the adapter plate has a tapered hose "barb". The Intex hose slides up on there nice and tight. Works like a charm with our Intex sand filter.
    Intex UltraFrame 20ft x 52in deep, 9,400 Gallons / Approx 78,500 lbs, Intex 1600 GPH, 14" sand filter, Hayward Dyna-Skim SP1091LX, Taylor K-2006, SpeedStir, Sample Sizer
    First Fill May 2014, Deck finished June 2014, Mods happening probably on a continuous basis. Stay tuned.....

7. Back To Top    #7

Might order intex kit then!
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Just so happens the little woman decided to vacuum tonight. So here is a picture

9. Back To Top    #9

16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

10. Back To Top    #10

Close but mine also came with the leaf rake.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Swimming-Poo...item5d420e1ccb

I also have a wider brush with curved up sides similar to this one but I got it at Walmart.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SWIMLINE-822...item5b041de9c9

11. Back To Top    #11

Does the one you linked come with a hose for the vacuum?
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

12. Back To Top    #12

Hmm... it doesn't show one does it? I bought ours at a local farm and ranch store named Atwood's. It was only about $40 with everything in your link + the leaf rake/net. I do remember when I bought it the box didn't say anything about having a hose. Nothing in the wording or pictures, so I picked up a separate vacuum hose so I could use it that day. Got home and opened the box and the intex hose was inside the box. I wish I could tell you which exact kit I bought.

This one has everything that came in the kit I bought.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to run by Atwood's after work. I will try to remember to look at the model number on the one they carry.

13. Back To Top    #13

That would be awesome, weird how they have different ones! Ha! I like the brush you posted, may have to pick that up to get some stains off. They come right off with my leaf rake edge lol
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

14. Back To Top    #14

It's nice and stiff and works really nice with the shape of the intex pool bottom. I actually bought it last year but it didn't fit the pole we had with our easy set pool. It was the correct size for the pole that came in the kit.

15. Back To Top    #15

Well, I looked all over Atwood's yesterday evening and they are out of the Deluxe Maintenance kits. Sorry.

16. Back To Top    #16

No worries, i ordered the one linked earlier late last night. Need to get scrubbin!
    16x48 Intex Ultra
    Hayward Skimmer
    TF-100 test kit

17. Back To Top    #17

i used a deck brush....a little stiffer so it can really get those spots in the creases...
    22X56 Intex Deluxe Easy Set Round
    14" Intex Sand filter
    Intex Saltwater pump

18. Back To Top    #18

I brush every few days because I get a little algae in the creases. I have been brushing all summer and figured out today that it is easier to brush if I get in the pool. Now that the pool is 92, getting in is enjoyable.
    Sharkline Reprieve 15x52 (3/14). Still using Intex 2650 Sand Filter with Hayward Power-Flo Matrix 3/4 HP pump (6/15). Solar Cover cut into strips for easy removal, (2) 2*10 Space Saver solar panels. Swim Jet HD Robot (by Aquabot) (3/15). Chlorine Liquidator (4 gal). 4 person hot tub. Hard pipe is the way to go for improved flow! Retired Lil Shark (3/15). Starite Max E Therm 333k BTU Propane Heater w/ 24 gal tank (7/15).