Help with ground prep

May 24, 2014
Wisconsin
We are getting ready to install a 27 foot aqua leader pool. We had someone come out to dig the hole. We have mostly sand and rock here. W have spent a few days trying to pick out the rock and for some reason a pretty good amount of glass of of this hole. We are kind of at a loss because we feel like no matter how long we are out there we are never going to get it all and the amount of glass out there scares. I was reading somewhere about putting crushed limestone down and compacting it for a solid pool base. I'm wondering if maybe this is the way too go to make sure the glass doesn't come through the liner or if there is a better way or maybe we just picked a really bad spot in the yard to put a pool. Thanks in advance.

Rocks and glass in new build

Merged by moderator. Please do not post the same questions multiple times and keep all related discussion together. Thanks, jblizzle

We dug out for our 27 foot aqua leader pool and have been picking the rocks and other things out of the site. We have pretty much nothing but sand and rock for soil in the site along with a pretty good amount of glass that I'm not sure where it came from. I'm wondering if the site needs to be 100% clear of rock because I think we may be digging to China before that would happen. I'm also concerned about the glass. Is the few inches of masonry sand that you put down under the liner actually going to protect the liner from this stuff? I read somewhere about putting compacted crushed limestone for a base. Would this help to seal out all the glass and rock that appears to be in our site or would that be a bad idea. Not really sure what to do here. Thanks in advance

Didn't mean to post it twice

I'm guessing you thought your original post got lost as it was waiting for moderator approval. After a few posts your wait will be gone.

- - - Updated - - -

AS for your glass problems, I would be tempted to put some sort of barrier down before the crusher stuff and then a gorilla pad or something similar between the crusher and the pool. It wouldn't be fun for a foot or the pool liner if a piece of glass were to work it's way up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.