Will be going on vaca next week and did not need to see what I did this AM. I turned on my pool pump and did my testing & chem adding this AM. After, I was walking by my pool pump station when I noticed some water on the ground. I pulled back the gate to investigate further. Looks like I have a leak coming from the pump. It is leaking under that round housing that looks like a wheel. The leak is approx. 11 drops/min. Please look at the pics. Also, in my signature you will see the specs for my pump.
This is causing some stress b/c we will be going on vaca next week. Here are many of the questions going through my mind?
1. Is a leak from the pump normal (I really don't think it used to do this)?
2. Is this a sign it is going to fail?
3. How soon can I expect failure?
4. Should I just plan on replacing it sooner than later with a variable speed pump? (Months back I already briefly looked at the Pentair Intelliflo, which I guess is the same as the Sta-rite Intellipro).
5. If it needs to get replaced, I need to order it ASAP to get it installed so we can still plan on going on vaca. If it is not replaced, it is safe to go out of town with it in this condition?
6. Also, based on if the pump needs replacement, I am just assuming that the Pentair Intelliflo would be adequate for my needs. Could anyone comment if this pump would work for me? I have original solar panels (unknown when installed) on the roof of my single story home. Currently, it seems like the 3/4 HP pump we have now does the job to pump it to the panels at a slow enough rate to pickup the heat and also filter the pool water. I would have to defer to the installer of the Intelliflo for how it needs to be programmed.
7. Most likely I will be turning off the solar sometime in Sept. or Oct. Currently, it automatically opens/diverts water to the roof from about 10:00 am - 4 pm. If we go with the Intelliflo, do I need to buy a programmable control panel (like the Pentair Easy Touch) so that the solar and pump can communicate with each other? Clearly, I am clueless as to what I need.
Please help b/c I don't know how to proceed. Of course, this is hitting at the wrong time.