Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Solar cover straps

1. Back To Top    #1
    Tucson, AZ

Solar cover straps

Hi all who use solar cover reels,
    What are you using to attach the cover to the reel? the straps that came with it disintegrated after <1 season. I bought some rope thinking that it would be better, well, whatever kind I bought also disintegrates in chlorine/sun. Have you found anything that lasts?
    11,200 gal, Pebble-Tec; Tristar 2-speed 1hp - Swimclear 325 ft2 cart - SWG - A & A in-floor cleaner - Heat pump. For the poolside cooking, a Yoder Wichita and a Big Steel Keg!
    TF Test Kits -- PoolMath -- Pool School
    Make each day your masterpiece. - John Wooden

2. Back To Top    #2
    Sacramento, CA

Re: Solar cover straps

I used these:

They seem to be holding up ok other that the fact that the adhesive velcro they come with was junk and fell off almost immediately. I stuck them back on with Elmer's Advanced ProBond and it's been 1.5 seasons and going.

On closer look those are just the fastener plates I ordered when I got a new cover. In that case I think the straps are still the original ones that came with the reel. I think it was this one and I think these are the straps that came with it. Since I now believe that these are the original ones that came with the reel it must be 3 seasons by now.
    TFP Method Advanced Intermediate
    • 17,500 gallons - In Ground - Plaster - Hayward Swimclear 3020 Cartridge Filter - Sta-Rite Max-E-Glas Main Pump upgraded with A.O. Smith B2980 E-Plus New Centurion Two-Speed Motor - Polaris 280 Cleaner with Polaris PB4-60 Booster Pump - TightWatt2 Timer - Taylor K-2006 Test Kit - Pool Pilot Digital Nano SWCG

Helpful Links: Pool School, BBB for Beginners, How to Shock ('s a process not a product), Chlorine/CYA Chart, Jason's Pool Calculator