So I liked the idea of using a liquidator to reduce CYA buildup from continuous puck use and I've had one since May of 2013. I've had ongoing issues and I'm wondering if I'm alone or if others have also had problems and found a better solution?
In no particular order:
1. Flow valve becoming plugged with small debris e.g. mesquite leaves coming in the suction line. Flow gauge indicates zero, opening and closing flow valve rapidly in succession actually flushes **** through flow gauge
2. Cracked flow gauge housing at threads - I am on my third flow gauge - I did NOT overwrap with teflon tape nor overtighten
3. Cracked flow-valve handle - perhaps caused by often having to clear debris in point 1
4. Cracked tank - NOT covered under warranty by HASA - seems to occur because water load causes bulging resulting in crack at molded corner
So in the space of a little over a year I've replaced virtually every component of the Liquidator...some covered under warranty, some not.
Here's what I've done to try and address some of the concerns:
-replaced cracked tank with 20 gallon white Brute trash can - seems very robust
-looking into pinch valves vs. flow valves - perhaps http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...FaIaAhjC8P8HAQ
-considering going without a flow gauge
Admittedly my two pools are subjected to harsh conditions since I'm in Arizona, however I'd like to hear if other have similar issues and what they've done to resolve.