Filter pressure and pool cleaner

mikech

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 13, 2014
Seminole, FL
I have a Hayward DE 3620 and a Zodiac T5 suction cleaner. If I run without the cleaner the filter gauge registers 12 PSI after a backwash/rinse clean, and 15 PSI with the T5. I haven't plucked up the courage yet to take the filter apart and do a full grid clean, being new to this stuff, and the filter appears to be doing a great job (had to SLAM in the first few days of ownership).

Should I be checking for a 25% increase with or without the cleaner? After a few weeks of observation on taking on this pool, the cleaner seems to reduce the rate of increase, may be leading to a false reading?

Thanks,
Mike

Well, despite my nervousness, I did full clean on the DE3620 yesterday after having a good re-read of the tutorial. Everything went well, except I could't remove the filter assembly as it looked like the manifold had been PVC cemented to the outlet pipe. I just used a garden hose with standard sprayer with the filters in situ. It would have been a lot easier if I had the Hayward cleaning wand (http://store.pinchapenny.com/product/de-pool-filter-cleaner-jet-action-wand).

Anyone recommend a cheaper 'big box store' alternative? I guess it has to be plastic to avoid damage to the filters.

Thanks,
Mike

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.