Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intex Model 633T pump specs?

1. Back To Top    #1

St. Simons Island, GA

Intex Model 633T pump specs?

All I can find out about the Intex 633T is that it's a little less than 1/2 HP, 115 volt, 325 watts and supposedly 2,500 GPH. The manual is woefully deficient in providing useful information.

Does anyone actually know the specs on this pump? What is its maximum feet of head?
    Home pool: Intex 11,400 gallon AG vinyl pool with cartridge filter & SWG. Taylor K-2006 test kit - coastal Georgia. I'm also in charge of the Elk's Lodge Pool, which is 55,000 gallons in-ground concrete with sand filter, 2 HP Hayward pump, currently using tri-chlor pucks and cal-hypo system.

2. Back To Top    #2

Current: Singapore Previous: Clayton, Victoria, Australia

Re: Intex Model 633T pump specs?

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Intex Model 633T pump specs?

You can measure max head directly if you have a valve between the pump and pool return. Shut off the valve while the pump is running and get the pressure reading. Then multiply the PSI by 2.31 and that is max head. But make sure the plumbing can handle the extra pressure by closing the valve very slowly.

But knowing that is somewhat useless because the pump never runs at that operating point because it is zero flow rate. I think what you are really asking for is the entire head curve but unfortunately, Intex does not publish that.
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner