Broken clock on E-Command 4?

Aug 18, 2014
Tomball, TX
A few weeks ago my pool controller (E-Command 4) stopped working correctly. The pump would just keep running rather than running only at night. A bit of investigation showed that the "Day and Time" function had stopped working. I.e. once a time was set, the time would never change and the controller would run whatever was supposed to run at that time. So if set to 10:00pm the pump would run full speed; 10 hours later it would still say it was 10:00pm and the pump would still be running. If set to noon, nothing would run until you set it to something else.

Manufacturer says the main board is dead and I have to replace it (more expensive than buying a new system). Pool is not more than 3 years old, but as I'm not the original owner, warranty doesn't transfer. Anyone hear of anything like this?

Note: There had been no lightning strikes or power outages in the area at the time. All other functions work just fine (manual control, timeclock...provided you set the system time to within the range, etc), so it seems strange that only one component would be fried.

Can anyone recommend a different controller with roughly same capabilities (i.e. with minimal rework)? All it really does is run the pump (2-speed), pool lights, and ozone generator (when pump runs at low-speed). Long-term warranty would be a plus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.