Introduction - First Time Pool owner

Hello All,

My name is Marc, I live in Oregon and have just purchased my first pool. I purchased a used 7x19 Splash Superpool for my family. I am very happy with the purchase and initial setup. I have some issues I need to work out with the Hayward 711 filter setup. The hoses are not ideal, I changed the spider gasket yet I'm loosing a bit of water out of the waste gate. There are some small leaks in some of the hose connections due to the lack of some proper fittings. There seems to be some seepage out of the outlet from the pump as well. I put Teflon tape on this connection and reassembled, but I am not sure how much pressure should be applied to some of these fittings.

My intentions are to get all of the water seeping and leaks taken care of first. If any of you have any suggestions whatsoever, please feel free to suggest. Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask. This forum has been very helpful to me in the weeks leading up to my purchase, and I really appreciate it.

I am new to all of this and I must say there is a lot to learn. I'm mainly concerned with the plumbing aspects. I've ordered a new gauge for the filter, as the current one is frozen.

Take Care,
Marc

Welcome aboard! :wave:

Plumbing can be quite a challenge in pools especially in temporary pools. The leak at the pump likely won't be helped by teflon tape if there is a rubber o-ring between the pump and the outlet fitting. I would check how well the o-ring is seated and perhaps LIGHTLY lubricate it with a teflon based grease. I'm not sure what other leaks you have or what fittings are involved but if they are union types with rubber gaskets, approach them like the pump fitting. If they are screw together, PVC adapter type fittings, these are very fussy and can drive people nuts. It's a balancing act of how much teflon tape and how far to tighten each fitting. Overtightening is a bad thing as you can damage fittings and threads so if you go more than 1.5 turns past lightly finger tight, you could damage the fitting. If it leaks at that point, take it apart and try again with less or more tape.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.