Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which PoolMath Setup Setting To Use for Standalone Fiberglass SPA

1. Back To Top    #1

Which PoolMath Setup Setting To Use for Standalone Fiberglass SPA

First of all I'd like to thank all the posters that have contributed their time and knowledge here. Long time reader, but first time poster. Using PoolMath, which is the appropriate setup setting to use for my standalone fiberglass spa? I should mention it has a SWG that I believe to be defective so I've been using tricolor tabs for sometime as the sanitization source. Do I just use the TFP fiberglass pool setup and set the gallons to 450 or should I use the traditional spa setup?

Thank you.

BigNavy505
    18,200 gallon 36 x 16 rectangle plaster pool with 3 sheer descents. Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, Jandy 1.5 HP and 1.0 HP running PCC 2000. Jandy 580CL filter. Jandy 400,000 BTU natural gas heater. CoverStar electric pool cover. CalSpa 450 gallon 6 person fiberglass spa; SWG with 2 filters; Three 5 HP motors. Enclosed in a CalSpa Gazebo. Testing by TF-100, Taylor K-1766 and SpeedStir.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which PoolMath Setup Setting To Use for Standalone Fiberglass SPA

Use Pool Math to do all your calculations for chemical additions but the levels on the actual Pool Math page are more of guidelines. Also, spas are a little different so please read through this thread How to use Chlorine in my Spa if you're using chlorine or How to use Bromine in my Spa if you're using bromine. Use the information in those thread as your guide for spa sanitation rather than the numbers provided on Pool Math. Isolated spas are a little bit different animal.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Which PoolMath Setup Setting To Use for Standalone Fiberglass SPA

Thanks JVTrain. I will read those threads.
    18,200 gallon 36 x 16 rectangle plaster pool with 3 sheer descents. Jandy AquaPure 1400 SWG, Jandy 1.5 HP and 1.0 HP running PCC 2000. Jandy 580CL filter. Jandy 400,000 BTU natural gas heater. CoverStar electric pool cover. CalSpa 450 gallon 6 person fiberglass spa; SWG with 2 filters; Three 5 HP motors. Enclosed in a CalSpa Gazebo. Testing by TF-100, Taylor K-1766 and SpeedStir.