Pflugerville, TX
Where to go from here?

FC: 1-2
PH: Over 8.2 (I'm working on this)
TA: 120
CYA: 30
CH: 450
Salt: 2800

According to pool math my goals for TA should be 60-80 for TA and 250-350 for CH and CYA 70-80

Basically every one of my parameters but salt boinked.

Lower the pH.
Raise the CYA if you have a SWG and the water is clear.
Raise the FC, which may just happen from raising the CYA since it still be more protected.
Ignore the TA, it will drop as you balance the pH.
CH is fine for now, no easy way to lower it.

Lower the pH.
Raise the CYA if you have a SWG and the water is clear.
Raise the FC, which may just happen from raising the CYA since it still be more protected.
Ignore the TA, it will drop as you balance the pH.
CH is fine for now, no easy way to lower it.

Between the last couple days I've added 40 or so ounces of MA to lower my PH I guess I'll test again tomorrow since I added more MA this morning. I'm hoping like you said my TA will drop with PH.

What do I use to raise CYA? I know it's sold as stabilizer or conditioner, but if I went to home depot what am I looking for? Also how quickly can I raise it? I have seen that CYA test results on adjustment take a week to materialize?

I suck at these color match tests.

I'd say it's somewhere between 7.5 and 7.8 now?

yV1Y8Po.jpg

Re: First "real" numbers with TF-100 Kit

Between the last couple days I've added 40 or so ounces of MA to lower my PH I guess I'll test again tomorrow since I added more MA this morning. I'm hoping like you said my TA will drop with PH.

What do I use to raise CYA? I know it's sold as stabilizer or conditioner, but if I went to home depot what am I looking for? Also how quickly can I raise it? I have seen that CYA test results on adjustment take a week to materialize?
Do a google search for MySaltPoolStabilizer 6.5 lb bottles may be available at both Walmart or Home Depot. http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Salt-Pool-Saltwater-Stabilizer-6.5-lb/34752155
Locally, Walmart is a lot less expensive, but I've seen someone saying they got it at HD for less than what I paid for it. Materialize is not what I 'd say. It's there, but "might" not register on a test for a week. By squeezing the socks frequently, my addition showed on a test almost immediately ( an hour anyway)

- - - Updated - - -

Sure. That is not a very good background ... where is your blue sky? ;)

or at least a white background 7.5 -7.8 has my vote too.

Re: First "real" numbers with TF-100 Kit

Here's one on the white backdrop provided with the kit (some sort of cloth? not sure what it's there for?)

ZtcF7rJ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Do a google search for MySaltPoolStabilizer 6.5 lb bottles may be available at both Walmart or Home Depot. http://www.walmart.com/ip/My-Salt-Pool-Saltwater-Stabilizer-6.5-lb/34752155
Locally, Walmart is a lot less expensive, but I've seen someone saying they got it at HD for less than what I paid for it. Materialize is not what I 'd say. It's there, but "might" not register on a test for a week. By squeezing the socks frequently, my addition showed on a test almost immediately ( an hour anyway)

Thanks. Where do you find that in Walmart? I can't find it on Home Depot's page so I'm not going to go there and try and find it.

*Edit: Walmart.com says it's not sold in any store near me. Ugh.

Also "Squeezing the socks"? Can't you just shake it into the pool? You sock it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Problem with that pic is there's a diagonal shadow that makes the color darker. Still looks like 7.5 to 7.8 to me from the color below the darker area.
Pool supply area. Maybe you can do a site to store? I had to for my first purchase. Home Depot doesn't show it on their website. But the did have it in my local store. Check Kmart, Menards too What's your zipcode?
Yes, I sock it-- in front of a return jet or put a sock-full in a skimmer. I'd squeeze it/them helps make it dissolve quicker. Whatever you do, use an old hole-less Athletic sock or knee-hi though I've heard of some folks tearing one and don't broadcast it or just put it in a skimmer.

I'm just seeing what I see on the pic. I use a 8.5 by 11 sheet of printer paper to see mine.
Scotch menards or Kmart none in your area. Looks like you may be stuck with this: http://www.homedepot.com/s/pool%2520stabilzer?NCNI-5

Fair enough. It was directly under a light from my ceiling so there's not much to cast a shadow other than itself. I still think it's 7.5 to 7.8 which I am happy with. I wish I could nail it down to just one number.

I'm using whatever pad or cloth came with the kit. I don't know what it's there for? It's white, so I used it as a background in the second pic. Maybe it was just packing material to keep the test chamber from cracking? The manual says nothing about it.

My eyes tell me it's just a tick above 7.5. Home Depot sells the stabilizer for $20 and if I remember correctly, it's a 5 lb container. If you're a Veteran, you get a 10% discount, so I usually pick up any pool supplies I can there.

As was discussed in an earlier post, your TA will come down with PH adjustment, so don't worry about that too much.

My eyes tell me it's just a tick above 7.5. Home Depot sells the stabilizer for $20 and if I remember correctly, it's a 5 lb container. If you're a Veteran, you get a 10% discount, so I usually pick up any pool supplies I can there.

As was discussed in an earlier post, your TA will come down with PH adjustment, so don't worry about that too much.

It's 4lbs, and I picked up the same brand (HTH) at Walmart for under $16 for 4 lbs. Pool math says I need 6.5 lbs to take my CYA from 30 to 70.. so I got two containers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.