pool cleaner selection

Feb 27, 2014
oklahoma
I have been using a cheapo suction side cleaner for a few years and not very happy with it. hate spending $100's on high end models as our season is short and I dont get much in my pool other than a bit of dust an a few leaves here and there. vacuuming manually is a drag and takes too long (plus the wife and kids cant figure it out when I am not around). so I am considering either going with a venturi vacuum that hooks to a garden hose, I think i could clean out the pool in about 20 minutes (although I would need a finer bag i thinks for small debris?). the other choice is one of the battery powered vacuums i see but i again dont like that many moving parts that can fail and would have to need to clean only to find the battery dead. I am of the opinion that the simpler the longer the lifespan of the product. Let me know your thoughts, recommendations please.

You could just get a cheap robotic cleaner. I had a venturi vaccum, I think its still sitting on the side of my house, used it like once and it didn't work well at all. The battery operated one I have is supposed to be pretty much top of the line and doesn't work that well either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.