Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pool cleaner selection

1. Back To Top    #1

pool cleaner selection

I have been using a cheapo suction side cleaner for a few years and not very happy with it. hate spending $100's on high end models as our season is short and I dont get much in my pool other than a bit of dust an a few leaves here and there. vacuuming manually is a drag and takes too long (plus the wife and kids cant figure it out when I am not around). so I am considering either going with a venturi vacuum that hooks to a garden hose, I think i could clean out the pool in about 20 minutes (although I would need a finer bag i thinks for small debris?). the other choice is one of the battery powered vacuums i see but i again dont like that many moving parts that can fail and would have to need to clean only to find the battery dead. I am of the opinion that the simpler the longer the lifespan of the product. Let me know your thoughts, recommendations please.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pool cleaner selection

You could just get a cheap robotic cleaner. I had a venturi vaccum, I think its still sitting on the side of my house, used it like once and it didn't work well at all. The battery operated one I have is supposed to be pretty much top of the line and doesn't work that well either.
    8000 gal diamond brite pool with 650 gal spillover spa, Pentair 3hp VS pump. Jandy Cartridge filter and Jandy Heat Pump. Jandy PDA automation system with 2 Pentair Laminars. SmartPool NC74S Robotic Pool Cleaner.