Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: new fiberglass pool

1. Back To Top    #1

new fiberglass pool

our pool is in and swimmable. still a bit more to do but we are close to finished. 17000 gallons fiberglass pool. been very happy with it so far.

pool.jpg

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: new fiberglass pool

Are you doing any decking around it? Kind of a cool and clean look as is surrounded by grass.
    Inground pool, bit of an L shape with a spa with spillover, 3 pumps for pool, spa and water feature, salt water system, 400K btu heater, Aqualogic controller

3. Back To Top    #3

we considered pavers with grass in between but decided to try like this for a while and we have liked it ALOT!! we figured nothing lost in trying especially as we could always add decking later, much easier than trying to remove. other benefit is if there is ever a plumbing issue we can access easily. the biggest benefits though have been lower cost to install, no worries on stains/cracks in decking and NEVER have to yell at the kids for running around the pool!! needless to say i think this style is permanent for us.

4. Back To Top    #4

Yay! Another fiberglass pool owner. We are definitely the minority around here... always glad to see another!
    One suggestion- try to mow so that your clippings are either bagged up as you go, or shoot outward away from pool edge, and be cautious if you use any fertilizer on the grass that you don't get any into the pool.
    Other than those warnings- HAVE FUN!! I believe fiberglass pools are about the easiest to care for. You've got a nice bit of privacy around your pool too, it seems. Nice!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

yep i had a liner pool for about 6 years and hated it at my last house. concrete has alot of issues here with our unstable soil so i think i made the right choice. I do not use fertilizer so no issue there. we do get some grass in the pool when we mow but we clean it up right away so no big issue there.

6. Back To Top    #6

Our fiberglass pool was installed in mid April and have really enjoyed it so far with next to no issues. +++on the minority
    12 x 26 Viking FG IG, Bermuda Model, 3 1/2' to 5', 7000 Gallons, Diamond Series Maya, Hayward 1 1/2 HP Maxflo VS, Hayward Stay Clear Plus Cart Filter C17502(S), Hayward Aqua Rite SWG w/T3 cell, Color Changing FIBERSTAR Lighting, Aqua Bot Supreme Robotic cleaner, Brushed Concrete with CCI Liberty Tan color, Taylor K-2006 test kit, Armor Foundation penetrating concrete sealer(lifetime warranty).

7. Back To Top    #7

Looks good, I would just keep the grass. It gives it a timeless feel!
    16,000 gallons, IG
    Pebble,Sand
    Jandy 2 speed pump
    Under construnction 8-1-14
    Spa

8. Back To Top    #8

Great looking pool !! I like the grass also. 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.