I need a pump upgrade!!! Help!!!!

Jul 1, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I have an easy set intex 18x48" and the pump is just not cutting it. It does not circulate enough water and I am always having issues with algae. Water conditions are perfect and the salt system is functioning properly. After talking to several pool company's and individuals both saying the pump is the culprit. Any suggestions for a new one? I'm thinking a sand filter to get away from the cartridges. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Usually, circulation is not the issue when it comes to algae unless you have none. Even without a pump in a small pool, you can maintain sanitation by brushing thoroughly each day (which is a good idea anyway). When you say water conditions are perfect, you're going to need to be more specific. Post full test results (CYA, FC, CC, TA, CH, pH) and then we can tell you if your water is "perfect" and your salt system if functioning properly. I'm sure the pool company would love to sell you a pump but your chemical balance is more likely the root cause.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.