Need help figuring out what I need to install new sand filter...

Jul 22, 2014
Romney, WV
I have an Intex 15' x 48" round pool. Came with the supper crappy 1000gph cartridge filter. I've upgraded to a monster (in comparison) 2900gph sand filter. So anyways, the pool just has the two small holes for the stock filter, doesn't have the wall skimmer. I'm now trying to figure out what I need to get to install this new filter since it came with nothing as far as adapters. Just the filter/pump and three hoses. Is there an adapter I can use on the pool to install the new hoses or do I need an adapter that attached to the pump that will allow me to use the old hoses or is there something else totally different I need? I've been looking on here and youtube and on Amazon for ideas but coming up short.

Thank goodness because I already ordered them...haha...but that's a relief to know. I think I glanced over them the first time because the threading on both ends threw me. I had to look closer to realize what was actually going on with them. So hopefully they get here early in the week...I found sand today in town so I'll be ready for some real filtration soon.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.