Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Muriatic acid 31.45% in Scottsdale AZ?

1. Back To Top    #1

Muriatic acid 31.45% in Scottsdale AZ?

We recently tackled lowering the CYA in our pool and my husband accidentally drained our pool overnight (leaving the pump on waste--whoops!). We refilled and our CYA is 0 now. I did pool math and am adding stabilizer granules. I am adding a pound each day (twice so far) because I'm afraid to overdo it. I still haven't gotten a reading yet for the CYA. Please let me know if this is wrong.

Our TA is 190 and the muriatic acid I got at Home Depot did nothing to change it. The only one we could find at our local store was their Green line and I couldn't find any indication of its strength. I'm guessing it's really low based on the pool not changing. I saw they also carry one made for pools at half strength. Can anyone recommend a place in Scottsdale AZ to get the 31.45% concentration (we are in North Scottsdale near Pima and Pinnacle Peak)?

Thank you!
    IG 14,500 gallons, pool type? Pebbletec, Hayward Microclear DE Filter, Hayward Max-Flow XL pump, variable speed? Pool built in 1996 (we bought house in late 2013). Taylor kit K-2006C, want to get SWG, currently have a waterfall feature, The Pool Cleaner vac. Location North Scottsdale, AZ
    Pictures with description in comments on flickr

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Muriatic acid 31.45% in Scottsdale AZ?

I cannot help with where for find the MA.

CYA-It takes a week for the CYA to show up on the test. When I started my pool I used pool math and aimed for the lower end of a good level for CYA. I tested 2 days after adding and it showed 0, I tested again 2 days later (total of 4 days after adding) the test showed 20. I tested again 6 days from adding and it showed 30 which is what I wast aiming for. I waited a couple more days and it was still at 30.

I have raised my level to 40 and it has stayed there.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Fayetteville, NY

Try Lowe's, I see you have them the Scottsdale area. I am not around you, but that's where I get my 31.45.
    Fayetteville, NY -17K gal, IG vinyl, Hayward SP2300VSP Max-Flo Variable Speed Pump, FlowVis Flow Meter, Sand filter
    Self designed Arduino powered automation for pump and solar control, Solar Attic Pool Heater, AutoPilot Digital SWG, TF100

4. Back To Top    #4

Mesa, Arizona

Check out A & M Corson's. They have a 4 pack of MA of the good stuff from that you can put a $6.00 deposit down and get it for real cheap ($17.99 near me). Here is their address:
    2980 N. 73rd Street, Scottsdale, AZ 85251
    IG Pebbletec Blue Tahoe; Paddock Pool PCC 2000 pop-up; 22,275 gal 32' x 16' Diving with Auto-Fill
    Pentair 420 Cartridge filter; 3 hp VS Whisperflo Main Drain, 1 1/2 hp Whisperflo Running Pop-Ups; Jandy AquaPure 1400
    1 1/2 Whisperflo dedicated to Rock Waterfall; TF-100; Taylor K-1766; Pool Built in 1997