Cost for SunDek overlay

bproosow

Bronze Supporter
Apr 8, 2014
Auburn, CA
I'm looking at doing a SunDek overlay to freshen up my exposed aggregate deck. I'm just wondering what others have paid to have this done. I haven't received the bid yet but verbally I was told around $6.50/sq foot. Just wanted to see if that price sounds fair.

Spray decks may be another regionally oriented price....Not quite sure?

To give you the best comparison I have, the price for 610 sq ft of deck (included concrete, cantilever coping, AND heat resistant spray deck) for my build was $4,000. It was Preferred Deck which is very similar to SunDek. The price came to $6.55 / sq ft for everything. That leads me to believe that $6.50 / sq ft for just the heat resistant spray seems a little high...but then again I don't know if prices will vary based on location!

My sister used to live in Elk Grove, really like it there! I would get a couple quotes and see if others are in the same vicinity :)

I agree, if that price is for just the spray and you have the existing slab, that is waaaaaaaaay high. SunDek should be between $3-$4 per sq. ft., tops. Now, I am NOT a pool professional and I do not know if you have to scrape the old deck to prep but what I do know is that you could EASILY apply this yourself (assuming you can cover what is there). The stuff is designed to spray on or roll on. Also, Sherwin Williams makes an acrylic coating (same as Sundek) that you could easily go and buy. I think they are even having a 35-40% sale right now. It is called UltraCrete. You can roll it on, like Sundek. We just had (and almost done) a pool built and I have 1150 sq ft of deck. 1050 was spec'd, ended up with 1150 and I was charged $10/sq ft. for the extra 100 sq ft, which was the concrete and the Sundek. I thought that was high but my PB did have a concrete sub who was proud of their work by $3-$4/square foot compared to normal Houston area pricing… Nonetheless, they did excellent work and the screen enclosure guy said he never ran across a slab "this straight".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.