Aqua Rite Chlorine Generator Power Problems

Rone

Sep 3, 2012
Poway, CA
TFP definitely helped me resolve my power problems with my Aqua Rite chlorine generator. I found some older posts that described my problem and pointed out a component that goes bad on the circuit board. I looked over my board and found the round, quarter-sized current limiter component and it was cracked as described in earlier posts. I ordered the part from Digi-Key (P/N 570-1062-ND). A week later it arrived and I took the board and component to the local Radio Shack store and they soldered it in for a nominal charge. I put the board back in the Aqua Rite and it immediately started up and generated chlorine. This cost less than $20 and saved me from having to buy a new board for over $200.

I do find that this box runs very hot which probably contributes to the component going bad. Has anyone found a solution to prevent the new component from going bad in a few years? I did buy a spare component but it would be nice to know a better solution. Again, I really appreciate the previous posts on this topic and hope this may help any new viewers on this topic. The solution really worked for a lot less money.

Rone

Well it's been about 3-months now and the Aqua-Rite has lost all power, no lights, nothing. I noticed some other posts that say this is a common problem. The component repair works fine for a month or so and then the board craps out completely. I did see there was a yellow wire burning issue and I'll check it out. This is very discouraging and I'll probably just buy a new board this time. I just want the **** thing to work. It's discouraging that we spend big bucks for this equipment and it doesn't last. I will never buy another Hayward Aqua-Rite system.

I'm not sure what power it's wired for. The Jandy controller for all the pool equipment went bad. I called the company that installed my IntelliFlow pump and they were able to replace the board and get it covered by the warranty. This was also the builder of my pool back in 2001; Mission Pools in Escondido, CA. They have always been great to work with and I highly recommend them.

The AquaRite has been working great since the component repair.

Now the solar panels are slipping off the roof and are leaking. I went through a leak detection company to look for leaks in the pool because I've had the solar panels off 3 months. Unfortunately the Jandy check valve was bad and water went up to the solar in reverse and leaked undetected to me. Easy to fix but with a pool you never know what will be next on the gotcha list.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.