Bleach vs Chlorine

Aug 13, 2014
Jacksonville/Fl
I have just completed the install of my salt system though my pool is almost swampy green. I have not added any salt to the pool and think I should slam the pool before adding salt?
Should I use bleach at $3 per gallon 10% or pool store Chlorine at $2 per gallon also I am waiting on my K-2006 to come in Monday and wanted to know how do I estimate How much I should use between now and Monday without the CVA? I have had about 5” of rain in the last 3 days and had to drain down the pool to control the overflow

Use the calculator to find out which is a better deal: http://www.troublefreepool.com/threads/56787-Liquid-chlorine-calculator

Also consider how old the liquid chlorine/bleach may be ... the higher the strength and the hotter the storage, the fast it loses potency.

You should add around 3-4ppm of FC per day until you have a good test kit. Use PoolMath to calculate how much bleach that is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.