Help With My Valves New Pool Owner

PieMan

Aug 12, 2014
Coral Springs, FL
IMG_1558.jpg
I'm a new pool owner and was trying to make an adjustment to my pool cleaner, upon doing so I lost prime in my pump. I was able to get it back following some instructions but now I'm not sure if my values are in the correct place. My memory says they are and everything seems to be functioning normally but wanted a double check. Please Help!!!

:wave: Welcome to TFP!!!

There is not "right place" for the valves to be ... depends on what you are trying to accomplish. Can you label what each of the pipes are? Are those in the picture the suction lines?

Right now you have all 3 of the lines open, which may not be ideal.

IMG_1552[1].jpg
Thanks. Here is a wider shot. Those are all suction I believe. I'm going to assume one is the pool cleaner, one the bottom drain, and one the skimmer but I could be wrong. I noticed when I adjust them the pool cleaner will stop which I know is not a good thing and the strainer box will either have some air bubbles coming in or none.

Thanks. Those are all suction. I'm going to assume one is the pool cleaner, one the bottom drain, and one the skimmer but I could be wrong. I noticed when I adjust them the pool cleaner will stop which I know is not a good thing and the strainer box will either have some air bubbles coming in or none. Can you give me an idea of what to look for in what should be accomplished.

If you are not running the cleaner, then you would want more flow to the skimmer. And not much flow ever needs to be pulled from the floor.

I would suggest you ID which pipe is plumbed to what and label them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.